Swim Team Practice--EVERY Weekday (Monday through Friday)
Swim practices are divided by age. Some swimmers may be moved to a different group because of numbers of swimmers and/or ability levels. Coaches will consult with parents if swimmers are moved.
Practice #1--ages 13 and over
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday--7:50 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. (includes dryland)
Tuesday and Thursday--7:50 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Practice #2--ages 9-12 (advanced 9s and 10s)
Monday through Friday--9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
Practice #3--10 and unders ( and beginner 9s and 10s)
Monday through Friday--10:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
Swim Team Fees and Requirements
Swim Team Requirements
Requirements of all swim team members (and parents):
- Each swimmer must be a member of the pool. (GDSA reps must verify the paid memberships.)
- Each swimmer must pay the swim team fee.
- A parent or guardian from each family must complete the online registration including acknowledgement of concussion protocol and Lindsay's Law.
- Each family must participate in the SUDZ fundraiser ($90 purchase) or pay a $40 buy out.
- Each family must work at least three meets throughout the season. Swimmers will not be eligible to compete in meets until at least one parent is signed up to work three times.
- Each family must donate food/drink items for all home swim meets and the Fair Valley Invitational. Our four home concessions sales generate most of our coaching budget. We have the best concession stand in the GDSA! Be ready to use the concession stand to buy dinner and snacks for your entire family. Jen McGowan (email@example.com) and Kerry Walton (firstname.lastname@example.org) organize the concessions.
Swim Team Fees
In addition to paying for Fair Valley Swim & Tennis membership:
$40 buy out of fundraiser or sell $90 in SUDZ fundraiser
Individual Swimmer Fee:
$50 for ages 12 and under
$75 for ages 13 and up
The individual swimmer fee includes coaches' gifts, GDSA fees, and a team shirt.